#61 August 07, 2019, 10:02:16 PM Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:07:49 PM by Snare
Got in early for Grave Sermon, sound wasn't the best and not familiar enough with them unfortunately. Their slower stuff came across much better as a result, the 2nd last track being excellent. Get more stuff up on bandcamp please!

Fecked off for a while then for lunch and the Cork U20 game v Kilkenny. Ignoramuses downstairs wouldn't put the commentary on as "it's in Irish" - WTF???? You'd swear it was some foreign language but apparently customers watching the match didn't want to listen to it and "majority rules" when I asked was he for real. Mind boggles - Rebel county and supporters my fucking hole, absolute disgrace. They had feck all reception anyway so watched it on the TG4 player and thankfully I had my earphones with me. Still fuming tho!

Got back for 100yo Man and although not my thing when checking them out in advance they really delivered live with some conviction and I really enjoyed them. Talking with them afterwards I mentioned my closest point of reference being Stand Up Guy and apparently they're great buds with them and they even contributed to recent recordings. Small world begor...

Bogs were interesting to catch live but they're  just not my thing at all I'm afraid. Mix seemed really weak, whether by design or not I'm not sure but it's like Ronan was roaring into a Mic that was turned off??

Despite that the sound for Malthusian was excellent, great show. Roll on Killtown 🤘

Fecked off for Damim as not interested at all by what I heard beforehand. Buddy said afterwards though that it was like a Death "Human" performance??

Avoided Terzij as well while getting food and a pint and catching up with shams.

Sodomized Cadaver were right up my street, loved it! Great stuff and I wasn't familiar with them beforehand. Excellent musicianship and some nice ditties.

My mother wouldn't let me head to Belfast in 1991 to catch Pungent Stench and Brutal Truth the fecker but this set list made up for one disappointment at least! Really enjoyed this set.

Having tape traded RC in our school in the demo era it's mad that a greek band have now played Cork twice! Rotting Christ put on a great show but not au fait with the newer stuff at all so that left me a bit cold. Mad to see the bouncer take to the steps, then gradually relax and start to bang his head 👏 Left everyone to their own devices and RC gave him appreciation for the vibe up front.

Crowd totally disappeared for Raum Kingdom sadly but that was their loss. Great band live.

Gone for zhora, again not my thing at all after seeing them a few times.

Great catching up with folk from around the country and abroad. Pity I didn't manage to catch up with Jason and Cory of Grave Sermon but I guess that's a good sign of the attendance. Smashing venue, surely ready for a Primordial gig in Cork??