And now Luke Perry too! Jesus, how many more people who didn't perform on Jilted Generation are going to die today???

Might be any one of us next.  Batten down the hatches!

Shitty news Fat of the Land was the first CD and tape I ever bought as a child back in 97. Download 2006 was without a doubt the best I have seen them live people going mental climbing up on the scaffolding holding up the tent they played in and jumping off into the crowd. They had to stop playing at one point just to ask the crowd to calm down.

Didn't they just play in Ireland a few months ago? Sometime in November? I remembering thinking I was missing the show by about 2 or 3 weeks.

Sad news indeed, The Prodigy were my 'gateway' band to a lot of other, more underground dance acts, thought their last album was very good actually and I hadn't seriously listened to them since probably the 90s. R.I.P.

Always hated Fat of the Land. First album where Keith Flint became the visual focal point of the band, and the closest they had to a frontman. Jilted Generation was their finest hour, followed by the Experience. Sad to hear it's another suicide.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 04, 2019, 05:41:54 PM
Loved music for the jilted generation and know very little else. Incredible album really..listening to it here.  Never really understood who contributed to the music etc but definitely a massive iconic band. Very sad to hear it's a suicide. I'd say them boys hit it very hard back in the day though and that is bound to leave a mark.

It's pretty much Howlet's baby, think he's a classically trained pianist.

I do remember reading that it was Flint that that encouraged him though.

Sad news... poor guy. Great band in their day, from a genre I otherwise have zero interest in. Jilted Generation is a beauty.