I think the original thread was on the last forum?....Anyway I'm just curious cause I couldn't make it this time...anyone here go?...any good?

#1 February 28, 2019, 02:47:34 AM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:12:35 PM by stevie-0

There's plenty of activity here. The impression I got was the turnout was pretty poor.?

Quote from: stevie-0 on February 28, 2019, 02:47:34 AM
. Dont like this current lineup milking the past.
I really dont get this?,playing old tracks to a few hundred people every night is harldy  milking it.Tbh i wish all the old bands would 'milk' their past and just play old material live.

#4 February 28, 2019, 02:00:07 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:11:57 PM by stevie-0

QuoteHes a gobshite and a racist

Really? How could you deduce that from a brief meeting?

Quote from: stevie-0 on February 28, 2019, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on February 28, 2019, 01:50:44 PM
I really dont get this?,playing old tracks to a few hundred people every night is harldy  milking it.Tbh i wish all the old bands would 'milk' their past and just play old material live.

Its not the old band though is it ? Its one man and hired players on a wage. And that one man is on such a cash grab at the minute...selling all sorts of shite merch. ...and is so far removed from the music hes playing. Fake.  Have you ever seen him or met him ?  I have. Hes a gobshite and a racist.
but the paying audience dont give a fuck,they just want to hear a few old classic tracks live.
Would people rather the origonal line up playing new music live?,fuck that.For what its worth the latest album was really good imo.

#8 February 28, 2019, 02:37:17 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:11:10 PM by stevie-0

#10 February 28, 2019, 02:50:42 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:53:27 PM by Beast Man
Quote from: stevie-0 on February 28, 2019, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on February 28, 2019, 01:50:44 PM

Its not the old band though is it ? Its one man and hired players on a wage. And that one man is on such a cash grab at the minute...selling all sorts of shite merch. ...and is so far removed from the music hes playing. Fake.  Have you ever seen him or met him ?  I have. Hes a gobshite and a racist.

Don't really get what your saying here sir. IMO most metal fans would kill to see a classic metal band go on a tour or tours playing all their old classics live, mouth watering stuff and I for one wouldn't mind more bands doing this (Katatonia Im looking at you!!)....even if it is only him from the original line up. As for the merch, at the last gig I picked up two classic Pestilence album cover shirts that were very reasonably priced and not knock off's that I could have fell for online......As for racist, it seems non-sensical as Mr. Mameli is hardly Aryan looking himself is he and is probably only first generation dutch himself...not exactly a very Dutch sounding surname either is it??!!

Great night. Was probably a little more than half of what was there last year but still as good a set. Apart from the consuming impluse material there was 2 or 3 from Testimony and a handful of newer material. No pleasing some people on here though. Not happy when bands don't play. Not happy when they do. Hate it when bands play to fuck all people & then hate it when they get a break & get a good following.

Spot on. Some lad was complaining the Amon Amarth gig is on a Monday!