That band Cold were on all the Kerrang and Metal Hammer freebies but in the late 90s. Never made an impression.

I had a recording of their album. I liked it. Just kind of derivative grunge-lite. Easy on the ear kind of stuff, but yeah, far from essential. I remember at the time even thinking the singer was laying the Layne-isms on a bit thick. Very much a radio-polished version of AIC. And were they not called C.O.L.D.? Maybe I'm imagining that.

Christ, the nu-metal resurgence shows no signs of slowing down. Talk about two absolute also-rans in a scene that wasn't that exactly overburdened with quality in the first place.

Quote from: John Kimble on March 19, 2026, 11:13:35 AMChrist, the nu-metal resurgence shows no signs of slowing down. Talk about two absolute also-rans in a scene that wasn't that exactly overburdened with quality in the first place.

Yup - surprised they are not playing the 3 Arena!

I liked Cold's Year of the Spider for  "just kind of derivative grunge-lite. Easy on the ear kind of stuff".

I was a fan of the second Cold album, had some great tracks but it's probably 15 years since I gave it a listen. If that show came to Limerick I'd head to see them. Couldn't listen to Hed Pe at all but good to see these double headline shows all the same.

Cold are atrocious.  Hed PE are good craic live.

First Cold album is decent as is the first Hed Pe one. After that though they are both muck

nostalgia bump.
Been listening to a bit of Hed PE, that Broke album was fun

First (Hed)PE was for sure the best this outfit not capable.

They looked to have rightly chanced themselves into a closing act...let's be real they were bums.

Wasn't a true disaster just very phoned in with highlights few. The Meadow one of the best tunes on that they binned without even reaching first chorus?

Cold in comparison were out to deliver and havin never been put of before or no expert on to much degree put on a proper show.

I only know a small bit of Cold from back in the day. I was a little worried when I saw the the crowd but thankfully a lot of people there were big into it and it made it a good show, the singer did seem genuinely happy at the response. They did play a couple of dud songs but overall pretty good.

The energy was better for Hed pe due to the nature of their songs, playing the Broke album in full was fine but a couple of those tracks should never be played live  :) . I enjoyed it but the set was very short at about 45 mins, and due to the track listing, 3 of the 4 best songs were at the start of the show so the middle dragged.


Barely half full I gather. Don't think there was even anyone on the balcony either.