Quote from: Bürggermeister on October 19, 2024, 12:01:20 PM
Quote from: Giggles on October 18, 2024, 05:43:56 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on October 16, 2024, 06:48:35 PMWireless headphones are a cunt of a thing. Hate them.

Why so?
Extra hassle for absolutely no benefit, as Ducky has shown. Been an in-ear convert since the 80's, not the generic shite you see come free with phones, but decent, well fitting in-ears which form to the ear canal and block out external noise so you can have the volume low and still hear clearly. I had to go to wireless a few years back and found a Sony model which connected the two earpieces with a wire, discreet size with decent battery life. Even so, they give no benefit to when I could just plug a wire in. They're discontinued now and the connected ones are definitely not in vogue. I dread the day they die. I do a fair bit of hill walking and I never want to find myself looking for one of the individual ones in a bog or a forest in the pissing rain. Over-ears are complete overkill and unsuited to being out and about in shit weather and they look spasticated too. I don't want to live a life where I am continually charging all kinds of different kit all the fucking time. Just give me a wire and one thing to charge and fuck the rest of it.

Honestly could've lost a pair of wired just as easily (as they'd live in my pocket just the same as the case). Wireless eliminates other things like microphonics transmitted along the cable (which melts my head), getting tangled in it, etc. Heck, losing the little lapel clasp for the cable rendered and old pair I had useless as the constant tugging just from walking was another head melt.

You usually get various sized tips included, and one of them is usually a decent fit. A decent fit will mean that bud is only coming out of your ear unless you try to have it come out. Plus you'll never have to worry about your cable getting damaged by the 10 months of rain we get.

Wireless buds really have an ingenious design too with the case recharging them. Only ever had to charge mine once a month or so.

Of course there's drawbacks to them, but for music on the go (whether that's out and about, or around the house), I'm never going back to wired.

The concept of inheritance tax. Can you imagine what kind of miserable bastard of a civil servant thought that one up? Twisted stuff.

'I know, let's tax corpses'

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 21, 2024, 10:47:39 AMThe concept of inheritance tax. Can you imagine what kind of miserable bastard of a civil servant thought that one up? Twisted stuff.

'I know, let's tax corpses'

That's one that rightly fucks me off.