Was anyone at  this? I wasn't but I know some who went and they said its the lowest turnout for a gig they have ever seen.

From Videos looks like a really really really low turnout!

Always thought it was ambitious putting it on there anyway. It'd make you wonder about the ticketmaster site - I had a look at it yesterday as it crossed my mind to head in and it had the "low ticket warning" in yellow under the gig yet when I clicked into it I could've picked any standing or seating option I wanted.

Same size crowd as Machine Head/Amon Amarth - upper tier curtained and curtain dropped from lower tier over the standing area.

Enjoyable gig all the same but not amazing by any means. I found the sound very bassy, Myles wasnt really cutting through the mix at all. I know Slash is probably sick of playing those GnR tracks and has cut them out of his set but his shows aren't the same without them. I prefer seeing Slash's band playing Civil War etc than GnR playing them with Axl :laugh:

Can't agree with that. Seen GNR in 2012 and Slash not long after it and the Slash gig was so dull. Myles has one of those acceptable voices with nothing particularly distinguishable about it in any respect. I'd take Axl in whatever shape his voice is in any day of the week.

They both played civil war at those shows and the GNR version had tonnes more energy. 

Just posted about this in the Controversial Metal Opinions thread before seeing this but yeah it had a low turn out, I got a couple of tickets off my neighbour yesterday, also went into Musicmaker on the way in and there was a couple of tickets just lying on the counter. Mostly his solo stuff but hearing Don't Damn Me was great.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 29, 2024, 04:31:09 PMCan't agree with that. Seen GNR in 2012 and Slash not long after it and the Slash gig was so dull. Myles has one of those acceptable voices with nothing particularly distinguishable about it in any respect. I'd take Axl in whatever shape his voice is in any day of the week.

They both played civil war at those shows and the GNR version had tonnes more energy. 

Ah yeah, totally understand that. I enjoy GnR loads but seemed to have tons of fun at the Slash shows when he was doing it. Maybe it was just the buzz of seeing him playing GnR tracks back then. Could have been the endless amount of pints too ;D

Would have liked it if he belted out some Velvet Revolver these days if he wants the change from GnR.

I must say, the 3 tracks the bassist sang last night totally lifted the gig, what a singer.

Think we got some Velvet Revolver at the 2012 show but yeah I'd agree with that there's a few bangers on each of those albums that deserve to be aired

Surprised he didn't do any Snakepit stfff either, that first album has some good stuff too.