CBB77983-B0C6-4279-9F93-80FA13E06ACD.jpeg

No info on ticket prices yet, from what I can see. On sale on Thursday.

They have it up MCD.ie

QuoteTickets from €70.70 inclusive go on sale at 9am this Friday, June 20th via Ticketmaster.ie

This hasn't a hope if even selling 50 % surely or am I wrong?

Don't understand this thing at all. It's like the half-time entertainment in Eurovision.

#4 June 20, 2024, 01:49:11 PM Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 01:57:06 PM by mickO)))
No interest in it myself. They sold out when they played last year but tickets are almost double the price for this show (I think it was €40 in 2023) and the venue was about a fifth of the size. The higher price must be down to the band asking for more as I just saw tickets for a show in Prague in September are €60.

Saw them in the Bord Gais theatre last year and they were class. Pretty sure it was sold out?

It's a really good show - definitely works well as a palate cleanser at a festival before the headliner, not sure I'd be bothered with just them headlining.

Saw them at arctangent last year and it was absolutely incredible. Has to be seen live and in person really.

Very expensive show to put on as there's between 30-40 people involved in the production and they've to get clearance with customs because some of their props and costumes use real human remains. Also I recall there being some issues with the fact there's nudity in the show from talking to a promoter who put them on in the past.

Probably explains the venue choice and tickets.

I'd imagine their Pagan craic would attract a lot of non metallers, like artsy types and hippies. It is more than just a band playing music and rocking out on stage.

After the show last year, I walked to the jacks and overheard some American sounding wan telling her friend that the gig was "The best thing that's ever happened to me". There was a pure buzz about the place after the show ended and I'd say they'd have no bother selling out that venue again.

That price hike is scaldy though.

Quote from: Don Gately on June 20, 2024, 11:57:07 AMThis hasn't a hope if even selling 50 % surely or am I wrong?

50% of the 3arena is still bigger than any of the venues they're playing in the UK the same week so I guess the sums balance. Same with the Anthrax/Kreator tour.

Anthrax Kreator will sell 8k plus this hasn't a hope of getting more than 4k surely

I'd be surprised if either does more than 5k but given the amount of shows I've been to in the 3arena with the top tier of seats completely curtained off it seems it's still worth putting them on in there.