Quote from: boozegeune on March 25, 2024, 07:57:25 PMThat axe design on the back of the guitar is the official shield of Telemark, but it does coincidentally have an old school black metal look to it.

Had no idea, today I learned. Thanks!

Horrendous looking nonsense of a guitar..the only place I want to see a telecaster is Rory Gallagher playing In Your Town..anything after that can leave the hall

Quote from: londonleatherboy on March 25, 2024, 08:37:53 PMHorrendous looking nonsense of a guitar..the only place I want to see a telecaster is Rory Gallagher playing In Your Town..anything after that can leave the hall
Telecasters are metal as fuck. Teles ist krieg!

He gets a pass because it's not actually a tele.
Ronnie Wood type tele can fuck right off. Cunt.
A friend of mine used to play in a hardcore type band sold his guitar, can't remember the name started with the letter T, had a slightly weird shaped headstock like two upside down letter L. He bought an old tele as he reckoned it was great for a jangly loose rock sound and great for fucking around with when it came to feedback.
Anyway I'd imagine Ishahn's can take a severe beating and stay in tune.

Ronnie Wood's Tele's are made by ESP funnily enough  :abbath:

Yeah was a great performance, you'd wonder if they ever get the itch to do a record but maybe it's for the best, you have to respect Ishahn doesn't just stick the name on his solo albums.

Teles are great but a strange choice for metal.

Gig was great. Was in the pit and thought the sound was a bit hit or miss at times but I was pissed, tripping and know the tracks so wasn't an issue. Missed Winterfillets.

Quote from: ldj on March 25, 2024, 09:16:48 PMRonnie Wood's Tele's are made by ESP funnily enough  :abbath:

Yeah was a great performance, you'd wonder if they ever get the itch to do a record but maybe it's for the best, you have to respect Ishahn doesn't just stick the name on his solo albums.
He recently gave an interview,there will be no more Emperor albums.

On the subject of teles - I remember when Nile played Eamonn Dorans (Black Seeds tour), Karl Sanders was playing a blonde fender telecaster with humbuckers. That certainly stood out, especially in comparison to his guitars in later years which were comically metal and pointy.

My friends ould lad had a 68 telecaster. Best guitar I've ever played.

Quote from: jpm4 on March 25, 2024, 07:40:04 PMI told a non metal friend of mine I went to see Emperor over the weekend. He asked was it this band from Waterford after they had taken the soup?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Emperor

I thought it was funny anyways

:laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: boozegeune on March 25, 2024, 07:57:25 PMThat axe design on the back of the guitar is the official shield of Telemark, but it does coincidentally have an old school black metal look to it.

The tape box that was released a few years ago comes with an old logo patch that has that axe on it.

Quote from: Vim Fuego on March 26, 2024, 10:33:20 AMOn the subject of teles - I remember when Nile played Eamonn Dorans (Black Seeds tour), Karl Sanders was playing a blonde fender telecaster with humbuckers. That certainly stood out, especially in comparison to his guitars in later years which were comically metal and pointy.

Sanders used to play a strat, not a tele. Had it for years and then went mad pointy.

Again, teles are great guitars but not suited to metal.

I've seen lads wrangle some nasty, heavy as fuck doom out of a standard single coil tele!

You're dead right (Fb link to a post by Karl)- that's a false memory I had in my head since that gig.

Quote from: open face surgery on March 26, 2024, 05:37:52 PM
Quote from: Vim Fuego on March 26, 2024, 10:33:20 AMOn the subject of teles - I remember when Nile played Eamonn Dorans (Black Seeds tour), Karl Sanders was playing a blonde fender telecaster with humbuckers. That certainly stood out, especially in comparison to his guitars in later years which were comically metal and pointy.

Sanders used to play a strat, not a tele. Had it for years and then went mad pointy.

Again, teles are great guitars but not suited to metal.

I'd rather see a tele over a strat any day.
Those pedal rigs looked the job as well.
He has one up on his social media and they seem to put together just for him.
The guitar cabs weren't micced up at all.