Figured this would be of interest to some of you since I think both bands came up in the recommended non metal albums thread a few times:

NME article here confirms they'll both be doing a 75 minute headline set.

All over this one. Two of my favourite oddball bands who are still banging out energetic live performances and respectable albums with dignity.

Manics are great for wild oscillations between cheerful tunes about anorexia and outright dad rock. Suede done Dog Man Star.

Top night of pretentious, effete bangers!

#1 October 09, 2023, 02:54:59 PM Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:59:07 PM by StoutAndAle
Manic Street Preachers are my favourite band. Great live but I can't see myself going to this - though I did consider it because I'm flying out of Dublin the next morning.

Don't fancy an outdoor Dublin gig with them and Suede, it won't suit either of them - saw the Manics at Smithfield market years ago and it was fairly poor in terms of sound and audience interest. They should have done the same as their recent US co-headliner where they played small(ish) theatre/club venues - this was down more to both bands level of popularity than artistic choice - but still the shows looked class.

The sets are going to be quite short according to both Wire and Brett Anderson - 60 - 70 minutes each. This would lead me to believe that the set-list will be fairly unininspired the two bands pulling nothing but the populist hits. I can't imagine "Yes" or "PCP" getting an airing. Shame - seeing as both bands have rabid, hardcore fans who and a fair bit of cross-over.

Suede are the closing band for the Dublin gig.

Most of the tour is sold out - Dublin pretty much on first day of sale.

Strictly over 18s, so having to bring the young one to the gig in London.