According to the Academy Twitter account:
The Academy Dublin
@academydublin

Stage Times for tonight's SOLD OUT show (subject to change)   
Doors - 7pm
Pest Control - 8pm   
Obituary - 8:30pm

Quote from: ldj on September 04, 2023, 10:54:25 AMNot going to the gig but this festival they just played popped up on my youtube last night, I'm no drummer but it sounds to me like their drummer is struggling to keep up, like really laboured or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da9d2NJc9dk

Sounded pretty good last night. Maybe slightly loose, but pretty tight..
https://youtu.be/j2sGnYYZZd4?si=eaHh7Csl40bGwhuM

Performance and sound absolutely spot on for me, straightforward & consistent - my only issue was the reliance on new material, but it was a tour in support of the new one so I knew what I was in for. Third time seeing them and i think thats me done, unless they pull out a World Demise set or something.

Crowd were loving it, decent pit and plenty of cheers - sunny day and a load of booze no doubt influencing the response. But as always, some real muppets in the crowd - some absolute heure screaming "move" at everyone as she tried to navigate her way though the crowd, lucky i didn't move my elbow into her drinks as she forced her way past... and some other mongo just randomly tapping people on the shoulder and then pretending he didn't . what is wrong with some people?!

#48 September 04, 2023, 07:06:31 PM Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 09:58:39 PM by Snare
So Pest Control get 30 minutes to play, less set-up time for Obituary to start? Has to be something amiss there. Like previous guys, wondering about Limerick stage times so hopefully a better guide after this gig!

The lad tapping people on the shoulder, jesus wept!

Anyone catch the girl trying to carry two pints and spilling a bunch on the sound desk? Sound guy looked like he was about to execute someone.

Quote from: Snare on September 04, 2023, 07:06:31 PMSo Pest Control get 30 minutes to play, less set-up time for Obituary to start? Has to be something amiss there. Like previous guys, wondering about Limerick stage times so hopefully a better guide after this gig!

The lad tapping people on the shoulder, jesus wept!

Obituary started their set at 9pm (till 10pm)

Drums sounded huge! "Without a conscience" epic!

Pro: Yes, Obituary, it was good, an hour + 5mins just disappeared. Quite enjoyed it.

Cons: Thought John Tardy was going to collapse more than once! there was one or two times the band were a bit disjointed. What was with John slamming his fist into Ken Andrews Chest (more than once), hopefully he was just over excited by the crowd reaction. I'd say it hurt.

Quote from: BobbyAxelrod on September 04, 2023, 09:04:17 PMAnyone catch the girl trying to carry two pints and spilling a bunch on the sound desk? Sound guy looked like he was about to execute someone.

How the fuck does that even happen in The Academy??? Is the desk not basically in a fortress?

Great gig in Limerick tonight 👌 However it still seems strange to open with Redneck Stomp rather than a belter where all memebrs are involved from the off.

Redneck Stomp just seems like it should be a wrap up song where the various players are thanked and the show ends.

Twas only last night I dug into the new album but it was good shit all the same. A sold out show on a Tuesday is mad 👏👏

Place was packed, even upstairs was busy. Obituary were on stage at 8.45 very early I thought. Good gig too.

Dublin gig was class. Set was just over an hour I think, which is a bit short for my liking. Guitars sounded class.
And yeah, John seemed to be shaking your man with excitement a couple of times, looked a bit rougher than it needed to be  :laugh:

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on September 05, 2023, 11:45:15 PM
Quote from: BobbyAxelrod on September 04, 2023, 09:04:17 PMAnyone catch the girl trying to carry two pints and spilling a bunch on the sound desk? Sound guy looked like he was about to execute someone.

How the fuck does that even happen in The Academy??? Is the desk not basically in a fortress?

Ah, this was limelight 2 in Belfast.