Quotetoo.

Is that who's supporting - didn't see a mention of support anywhere? I've seen Worn Out before (on a bill with Bailer perhaps...) but I'll definitely see then again.

Support announced, Desperity in Dublin. Irish band, just checked them out. Is someone having a laugh?

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6hu8Br22A5sKTYLJgsfqsI?si=SIBcWZU7SjiLDKnwdXybNg

#16 May 12, 2023, 09:26:38 AM Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 09:40:51 AM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on May 11, 2023, 09:14:48 PMSupport announced, Desperity in Dublin. Irish band, just checked them out. Is someone having a laugh?

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6hu8Br22A5sKTYLJgsfqsI?si=SIBcWZU7SjiLDKnwdXybNg

I suppose we all have to start somewhere. The, em.... sounds on that demo would suggest that these lads should start a little lower down though.

Worn Out put on a pretty solid show in Cork. Good energy. Found my mind wandering towards the end.

Unsane were mighty. Locked in and ready to roll from the very beginning. Set front-loaded with cuts from the first album (nearly the whole thing if I recall).

Obviously Unsane these days is Chris Spencer and 2 hired guns but the drummer is fucking unreal. Lovely jazz fills in between songs to fill the silence while the other two re-tuned.

The sound and lighting in Cyprus Avenue is class these days. One of the best venues in the country at that size.

QuoteI suppose we all have to start somewhere. The, em.... sounds on that demo would suggest that these lads should start a little lower down though.

Absolutely have to start somewhere, it's great to see young lads making a racket and I'm sure we all did something like that to begin with.

When I'm paying into a show like this though (And I know the tickets are very reasonable) from a punters perspective it's mindblowing that there wasn't an alternative. I mean that stuff is firmly in the category of figuring things out in a garage/rehearsal room - there's barely a song there in anything that's gone up on spotify.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on May 12, 2023, 09:36:35 AM
QuoteI suppose we all have to start somewhere. The, em.... sounds on that demo would suggest that these lads should start a little lower down though.

Absolutely have to start somewhere, it's great to see young lads making a racket and I'm sure we all did something like that to begin with.

When I'm paying into a show like this though (And I know the tickets are very reasonable) from a punters perspective it's mindblowing that there wasn't an alternative. I mean that stuff is firmly in the category of figuring things out in a garage/rehearsal room - there's barely a song there in anything that's gone up on spotify.

It's ludicrous that these lads are on a bill with a touring US band. Is the promoter really saying that there's no seasoned/experienced Dublin-based hardcore band looking to support Unsane.

I really can't imagine that that's the case.

You put it better than I could, It's embarrassing really.

Glad to hear Unsane were good, really looking forward to it now.

That was great. Really enjoyed how it was no-nonsense, non-stop noise.

Dublin was excellent...

I'll start with Desperity, I got in early as I was still baffled by their presence on the bill. It was no where near the car crash I expected, bizarrely held it together better than the actual music that's on their Spotify account. However, still way out of their league on a bill like this - the type of band you'd have seen at a scout hall or local battle of bands. Hope the experience stands to them and they push on and develop into a better prospect.

Lavein got things cooking, hadn't heard them before. Sounded massive and excellent command of the stage. They finished up just as it was beginning to sound a Tad samey, a little more variety wouldn't have gone amiss.

Unsane were awesome, no bs start to finish just put the heads down and rocked. Chris seemed like a genuine dude, like he still cared about what he's doing. Minced around for ages after signing stuff pics etc

#22 May 13, 2023, 11:09:42 AM Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 11:13:39 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 12, 2023, 09:26:38 AMObviously Unsane these days is Chris Spencer and 2 hired guns but the drummer is fucking unreal. Lovely jazz fills in between songs to fill the silence while the other two re-tuned.

It's the drummer from Daughters. Yeah, thought it was cool that he essentially didn't stop playing at any point in the set.

They were fucking excellent last night, needless to say. Also, because I'm an old man, very much enjoyed the fact it was  done and dusted relatively early.