Just saw this is happening doesn't seem to be a thread for it. Looking forward to it they were great last month.

One of the lads told me about that yesterday. Will def head along to that.

Missed out on the gig last year, looking forward to this now. Seen a thing on instagram to say there's <40 tickets left for those on the fence.

Before I start a 3 and a half hour journey ,no last minute hiccups here? Just thinking of the weight of them on the ferry across from Wales..
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Nothing on the DME facebook and at this stage I would guess they are either already in Dublin or they are at least on the way.

Thanx man
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Yeah - I've a 2.5hr drive myself tonight. Can't imagine it'd be cancelled but would love confirmation all the same- getting too old for this midweek gig craic.

#10 March 30, 2023, 07:58:31 AM Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:16:26 AM by Pagan Saviour
Yet another sold out show, don't think I've been to anything post-pandemic that hasn't been rammed. Long may it continue.

Got in on time to see Two Tales of Woe. A band I seen frequently enough when they were most active back in the day and really enjoyed the Conversation with Death record when it came out. I was looking forward to seeing them, however - I didn't get into last nights set at all. I admittedly haven't kept up to speed with any of their subsequent output, but having not seen them in an age I was kinda surprised that there didn't seem to be much in the way of musical progression since that first record, especially considering the line-up is completely different to the last one I saw. Well rehearsed and great tones as expected but felt it was more of the same with influences worn too obviously on proverbial sleeves. It began to drag...... did they play for an hour???? I felt it was far far too long for a support act in general and made worse by insufferable stage banter that included a band introduction section.

Crowbar were immense, so tight and incredibly heavy - felt like the room was shaking at times. Couldn't complain at all with the setlist, everything I wanted to hear was aired, such a cool bunch of dudes to boot. One thing that surprised me during their set was the number of people getting free reign on stage, to be fair nobody pissed about like that complete fucking arsehole did at the Left To Die gig and it did add to the vibe of Crowbar's show but it also made me realise there wasn't a scrap of security inside the venue. Fine if everyone is cool, but could easily go south if there's a dickhead percentage in attendance. Anyone notice at least a half pint of beer/water ended up being tossed over Crowbar's guitarist Matt? He seemed to be rightly pissed off with that and remained static for the remainder of the show.

I don't have much to say about Crowbar they were as expected and as usual brilliant and played a great selection of songs. All in all a phenomenal band.

I saw the drink thing as it happened It was some retard flicking what was left in a cup it didn't look like it was directly aimed at Matt but yeah stupid behaviour from the person that did it.

In regards to the security thing do bands not either have to request security if they don't want anyone on stage or it can also depend on the venue policy like the Academy for example never wants people getting up on stage it doesn't matter who is playing?

One of the bouncers that was on the door came inside when Crowbar started and he was walking around the venue all night. The first two stage divers timed it perfectly jumping off just as the really heavy bit towards the end of Cemetery Angels started. Some people at the front did seem pissed off with them but it is part and parcel of going to shows like these.

It has been a while since I was in Whelans and I have to say it has to be one of the best venues in the country. Seen so many shows in there over the years and never had a bad night.