Not much banter about this one but I picked up a ticket for it should be at the very least interesting.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/puscifer-dublin-10-06-2023/event/18005E26DD085563

Anyone hitting this at all?

Can't find a thing about supports anyone  know anything???

Band called Night Club supporting. Looks like they're a 2 piece yoke.

Glad I went though it was a mixed bag. Band were flawless but some of the song choices killed momentum here and there but when they were on they were great.

Crowd were 90% hipster as holes. I hate most Tool fans.

Obligatory contingent there to hear Tool songs.

There seems to be an unwritten rule that people need to qualify that they hate Tool fans, despite being Tool fans themselves. Such an odd cliché. I've never met an insufferable Tool fan but I never stop hearing about them. They are like unicorns or something.

I was and was amazed at the variety of people there. Great band I avoided the whole Tool are gods gift for years but after last year's show I think they probably are.

#8 June 11, 2023, 09:34:26 AM Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 09:36:27 AM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on June 11, 2023, 08:00:39 AMHave you been to a Tool concert?

I've seen them live 3 or 4 times over the years, yeah. I don't know how you judge the personality of people in a crowd unless you actually go around and survey them. But if you're conducting a survey to test the quality of their character based on some arbitrary pre-conceived notion, that would reflect more poorly on you than on your subjects.

I'm being ridiculous. There must be something behind this Tool fans hate but I've just never seen it. Then again, anyone who proclaims one band to be the THE BEST ABOVE ALL OTHERS, I treat with suspicion*

* unless they are talking about Pagan Altar or Burzum, in which case they may have a point ;)

I know a chap who went to this and his review is brilliant.

He said it was awful

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on June 11, 2023, 08:00:39 AMHave you been to a Tool concert?
Only ever seen them at that Ozzfest yoke in Punchestown.
Thought they were utterly atrocious at that. Bored the absolute shite out of me.

I can certainly appreciate them on record, though.

As for their fans... had no idea there was such a thing as Tool fan hate!
But as Andy says above... I think anyone who puts one band above all others no matter what needs to be avoided.

I was at that gig too but I was so drunk by the time Tool came on I was asleep standing up. Does that count?

I also saw them in the SFX and in The Point with Mastodon supporting. The Point good was unreal.

QuoteBut if you're conducting a survey to test the quality of their character based on some arbitrary pre-conceived notion, that would reflect more poorly on you than on your subjects

Not conducting any surveys just simply surrounded by arseholes on most of the occasions I've seen the band, some of which fit the cliches described throughout the thread. A vibe from an audience whether perceived by myself or not can definitely have a bearing on the enjoyment of a show. On Saturday, and maybe it was bad luck but no matter where I moved I seemed to be stuck beside people that were there to see Maynard and had limited to no knowledge of Puscifer. There's a lot of quieter sections in this stuff so although I was into it, it was hard to tune out people's whining, "Play Something We know" "This gig is shite" etc etc.

Haha, well that is strange. I do hate when people fucking stand there yapping loudly at a gig. I remember seeing Neurosis in The Button Factory around ten years ago and I was standing near the back. The volume was too low overall but they have Lot of quiet sections and all you could bloody hear was the sound of people having a chat, like they were down their local boozer. Completely killed the atmosphere. Then again, I've never heard people complain about Neurosis fans...

I was at that gig too, I was near the stage so that drowned out some of it but I do remember the yapping being particularly bad that night, I was surprised by it to be honest.

I think my Tool comment is part based on gig experience and part based on conversations with Tool worshippers over the years. Bit of a sweeping statement I know but definitely think there's something behind the cliche.