Watching this on BBC4 having never seen it before.  A really great selection of music and some amazing performances that are marred only by the fact that they are all miming.  What the fuck!

And just to prove me wrong,  every song that has come on since that post has been played live...

Savage show. Been watching it for years on BBC4, never disappoints.

Animal performances by The Jam,  Vinegar Joe, Elton John, The Specials, Bob Marley... can definitely see myself binging. Have any metal bands ever appeared on the show?

Yep Judas Priest have a very famous performance on it. Too drunk to think of others but I'm sure Deep Purple were on there, Dire Straits, Joy Division maybe and Yes. Fuck I'll post tomorrow..surprising you haven't seen it before, absolute treasure trove of amazing music..enjoy!

I remember it from the original broadcasts :laugh:

The BBC have vast archives of amazing music performances across a wide range of shows up to the first few series of Later. It's great they're re-broadcasting some of them, though it would be incredible if they would collate them onto a web portal. It could be a nice revenue generator for them. Even their more artsy stuff like the Late Show frequently had a music segment with live performances from less mainstream outfits.