Jaysus and I thought I was bad having to cut my boxer panties off to wipe in the wee public toilet in Slane village at Neil Young in 1993....  :laugh:

Quote from: Carnage on January 26, 2021, 03:45:06 PM
Tayto bag was the worst. Whatever receipts I had stuck in my wallet was an improvement on that, but only just.

I think we might have a winner with the tayto bag. Often used the receipts meself, they're not the best but use enough of them and they see you through.

#62 January 27, 2021, 07:57:03 AM Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:50:29 PM by ochoill
Quote from: astfgyl on January 26, 2021, 06:16:16 PM
Quote from: Carnage on January 26, 2021, 03:45:06 PM
Tayto bag was the worst. Whatever receipts I had stuck in my wallet was an improvement on that, but only just.

I think we might have a winner with the tayto bag. Often used the receipts meself, they're not the best but use enough of them and they see you through.

The trick for particularly glossy / tough receipts is to double them and wet them a bit first so they don't cut the ring off you, not a lot mind or they'll just rip.  No hope in a tayto bag though.

Saving for a mortgage in this country should be compared to slave labour. #wakeupsheeple

Some farce alright. We bought our gaff right at the height of the boom. Nine months later got bummed into negative equity. Still though, only 16 more years to go. Sigh....  :laugh:

^
That happened to friends of mine. Twice. About 15 years later, after letting the banks take the flats back, only now are they in a position to buy again.

Stamp duty here is 10%. 10! Lucky enough that the Mrs has a company car otherwise it'd be walking everywhere like an asshole.

My brother is buying a gaff and I wanted to give him a few quid, and the tax bastards here want a taste of any 'gift' of 3000 or more.

Save money on expensive facial scrubs.
A bit of shower gel on your nail brush when you're in the shower. Hey presto, clean pores and soft supple skin. Great for the pores on the side of your nose especially...

Annoying process but people with mortgages with their fixed rate about to lapse, should look at Avant Money, they setup last year in Ireland, lowest fixed rates available. Get your house re-valued, depending how many years you are into your mortgage it could bring down your LTV and get you on a much lower rate. We get f**ked on interest rates here compared to other EU states but could save thousands over the mortgage term by swapping around every 3-5 years. Did it back in June and it's saving 504 a year. That's 10k over 20 years so not to be sniffed at.

Personally wouldn't go for those 10 year fixed terms. I don't see low interest rates going away at the moment.

Quote from: Blackout on August 20, 2021, 01:11:25 AM
Inflation is defo on the cards.

Sure but would need to be a sustained period of inflation, look at the 25Y or MAX there, we've seen these spikes in the past decade but interest rates continued to decline during those years since 08 crash ->

https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/inflation-cpi

Our banks are still nowhere near the EU average for mortgage rates.

Do you not need to shell out a few grand on solicitors each time you switch mortgage providers though?

Banks take care of it on their end.