I was wondering if anyone could steer to a reliable, reasonably priced equipment supplier based in Ireland please? Or even a bricks and mortar shop with reliable service. I'm really just looking to buy a few packs of strings for electrics. Thanks

https://www.gear4music.ie/

Although I think they're actually based in the UK.

Music Maker in Dublin have an online shop, free delivery in Ireland, and still seem to be operating.  Might be worth giving them a call to make sure.

Yeah that Gear4Music ships stuff from the UK.

Pro Musica in Cork has a decent enough online store, pretty sure they are still doing shipments.

I refuse to give Pro Musica money. I lived in Cork for a while- about 8 months when I was about 20-21 and used to go to the music shops in the city on the regular.

They were absolute pricks. Pulled the whole- you can't try it unless you can prove you have the money and are definitely buying it today bullshit. They said that to me every time I asked to try something out. I had money, I was in the city working and bored so would have had no issues dropping a few hundred quid on a new toy. But I would like to try it out first.

They were a listed dealer for a brand who's power supply I was after. I rang them about it a bunch of times and they could never give me an answer if they had it or not. So I went in there and they literally laughed at me to my face for asking them if they had it or not. Then they told me to come back another day and a different lad, if he was there, might know if they had it.  I bought it in another music shop when I was on tour. They didn't laugh at me or give me the run around. They just sold me the fucking power supply.

Fuck them. Hands down the worst experiences I've ever had in a music shop

Jesus that's pretty lousy alright. I've had that before too, the "I'm not sure so stall it in" in other places, when they know full well they haven't got what you want. I think the service has gotten much better in instrument shops these days because of how easy it is to buy online. 15 - 20years ago the shops had you by the balls.

Some Neck Guitars are still doing online sales.

Niall in the Music Outlet in Swords sorted me out with an order for some speakers and it couldn't have been a better experience. He ordered in what I wanted at no extra charge and price matched the online price. He also delivered them to my door for no extra charge.

I'd give him a call or drop him a facebook message and he should be able to sort you out! https://themusicoutlet.ie/

Another shout for the Music Outlet in Swords. Got new strings and a Boss Tuner delivered with no hassle and they have always provided a great service.