Nothing better, home cooking.


Sausage, chips, curried beans & fried egg  😋

Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 21, 2026, 12:00:22 PMSausage, chips, curried beans & fried egg  😋

Curried beans are fair fucking nice so I figured to make my own by simply throwing curry powder into the cheaper beans and they're nicer than the pre made tin

Eggs and pudding and beans 🫠


Quote from: astfgyl on September 21, 2026, 12:38:25 PM
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 21, 2026, 12:00:22 PMSausage, chips, curried beans & fried egg  😋

Curried beans are fair fucking nice so I figured to make my own by simply throwing curry powder into the cheaper beans and they're nicer than the pre made tin
That's what I do, with a wee bit of butter.
The Heinz beans here are the same price as the own brand beans, so it's win win on the bean front...

Curried beans are lively (try the tikka ones if you come across them, they's tasty as fuck) but I can't stand regular baked beans in tomato sauce. On the (rare these says) occasion that I'd have a full Irish I always skip the beans, they just ruin everything.

#2617 September 21, 2026, 01:36:17 PM Last Edit: September 21, 2026, 01:37:50 PM by Barnacle Billy
My Irish brain has been on "no alcohol specials" since I've moved here, and it was only about 2 months ago I discovered that I can actually get my beers on discount in my local supermarket for which I've a loyalty card.
Every Monday they give me a 10% or 15% or even a 20% discount voucher for my week's shopping.
I was in earlier and spotted they have 330ml Tuborg for about 70c. I'll nab some of them on Friday along with some IPAs and use the voucher to smash the price down even more.

Quote from: Carnage on September 21, 2026, 01:33:37 PMCurried beans are lively (try the tikka ones if you come across them, they's tasty as fuck) but I can't stand regular baked beans in tomato sauce. On the (rare these says) occasion that I'd have a full Irish I always skip the beans, they just ruin everything.
I have tikka and tandoori powder and paste here. Might give that a try next time.

Day #4 on the Irish stew  😋