Quote from: Caomhaoin on March 09, 2023, 12:32:30 PMGary Lineker. High-end wanker this lad.

He's a fuckin maneen

Compared Tory immigration policy to Nazi Germany. This is inaccurate. He should have compared Tory immigration policy to Britain's refugee policy in response to Nazi Germany  :)

Quote from: Ollkiller on March 09, 2023, 03:29:18 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on March 09, 2023, 01:26:56 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on March 09, 2023, 12:32:30 PMGary Lineker. High-end wanker this lad.

He's a fuckin maneen

What's he done now?

Actually didn't realise he'd done anything until after I'd written that. I was just saying he's a maneen in general

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 09, 2023, 03:33:16 PMCompared Tory immigration policy to Nazi Germany. This is inaccurate. He should have compared Tory immigration policy to Britain's refugee policy in response to Nazi Germany  :)

I hope that's in jest, otherwise there really is no hope for you.

There is no hope for me... to move closer to your vision of the history and present of the world we live in :) 

Your intellectual prowess is above reproach  :laugh: I'd imagine the megabytes of wisdom you've so graciously bestowed upon this forum will be preserved for centuries.

Huh? There's no intellectual prowess involved in happening to know that Britain refused 500,000 asylum requests from Jews in the years before and during the holocaust, and that no other nation did a much better job of things, to such an extent that Hitler was able to use their refusal to be more welcoming as propaganda for his own cause. If anyone is interested in that failure and its consequences, I can't remember which documentary I saw it in, but fill your boots here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Évian_Conference

Just in case it wasn't clear: I totally agree that flippant comparisons to Nazi German are ridiculous, and it's not the first time Lineker has demonstrated himself to be ridiculous. Just found additional amusement in the fact that he would have been more accurate comparing to Britain at the time, but of course nobody likes to talk about those aspects of WWII.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 10, 2023, 11:53:56 AMJust in case it wasn't clear: I totally agree that flippant comparisons to Nazi German are ridiculous, and it's not the first time Lineker has demonstrated himself to be ridiculous. Just found additional amusement in the fact that he would have been more accurate comparing to Britain at the time, but of course nobody likes to talk about those aspects of WWII.

They'll be saying the same after WWIII, namely that lineker is a pure wanker

Shouldn't laugh at my own ones but fuck it I'm a narcissist  :laugh:

Lineker off Motd now. Even Piers fucking Morgan is defending him. Ah lads

Wright, Shearer and the rest of the presenters/pundits are out as well, so it's going to be shown without presenters. Plus some commentators are making noise about not playing ball (pun intended) tomorrow. Some players have even said they won't take part in BBC interviews if they're in a position to.

It's really biting them in the arse and they'll surely backpedal fairly quickly as a result.

I wish they'd take a stance on something when it mattered a fuck instead of this shit.

Wankers