Watched the first episode of Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix.

It's a horror anthology series, first episode was pretty good, looking forward to watching the rest.

Also checked out the first episode of The Last of Us, pretty standard zombie affair to start but it is done well, and the game was amazing so I'll stick with it.

Quote from: ldj on February 06, 2023, 01:03:55 AMAlso checked out the first episode of The Last of Us, pretty standard zombie affair to start but it is done well, and the game was amazing so I'll stick with it.

Last weeks episode was done very well.
Pretty much a stand alone episode and characters with their stort spanning 20 years.

Quote from: jobrok1 on February 06, 2023, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: ldj on February 06, 2023, 01:03:55 AMAlso checked out the first episode of The Last of Us, pretty standard zombie affair to start but it is done well, and the game was amazing so I'll stick with it.

Last weeks episode was done very well.
Pretty much a stand alone episode and characters with their stort spanning 20 years.

It was a fantastic standalone episode of TV. Nick Offerman was brilliant in it. The gobshytes down voting it on IMDB and just giving out about ot being "woke" is so ridiculous seeing as the relationship was hinted at in the game. It's a really great show so far. No surprise seeing the people behind Chernobyl are making it.

So apparently there's a reboot of Fawlty Towers in the offing. Can't see this being much use. Some things should be left well alone.

https://news.sky.com/story/fawlty-towers-set-for-reboot-after-more-than-40-years-with-john-cleese-to-star-alongside-his-daughter-12805666

If ever anything was guaranteed to be shite, it's that. He hasn't been funny for decades, it'll be written by committee (no Connie Booth, no point) and sanitised beyond belief.

Weird mix of minds. If Rob Reiner wasn't involved, I'd have been expecting Cleese to use it as a further vehicle for his anti-woke crusade. Can't really see it being great either way though.

What a terrible idea. Might be interesting to watch  ::)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 08, 2023, 05:14:38 PMWeird mix of minds. If Rob Reiner wasn't involved, I'd have been expecting Cleese to use it as a further vehicle for his anti-woke crusade. Can't really see it being great either way though.

Just for a sec I read that as Rob Schneider

Just finished series 2 of After Life. Amazing that it got made at all, it's so dark.

So many people recommending afterlife and yet every time I have the thumbnail up on the dodgy box I change my mind.

Does anyone else have a massive list of things that they'll likely never watch? I'm terrible for it

Yeah I would vouch for Afterlife too, I went into it with a (probably) irrational dislike of Gervais and came out of it quite liking him and have since watched a few of his stand ups.

Quote from: astfgyl on February 08, 2023, 09:32:46 PMDoes anyone else have a massive list of things that they'll likely never watch? I'm terrible for it

Guilty. Loads of things on 'to watch' lists and I'll still sit watching repeats of Star Trek instead of watching them.

But yeah, After Life is much better than I'd expected. Funny, dark and quite moving in places.

I loved Afterlife but there was no need for the 3rd season. It was played out at that point. Gervais is savage. His stand up, The Office and this. That other show he did as a retard was unbearable for the half an episode I watched.

Derek. I want find on it, but the out-takes from it are worth a look. I love those corpsing videos from The Office. So funny.