A strange thing has happened for me recently: on the unread topics page, the address/home/tab etc. bar is missing. I'm using Chrome on Android, and after checking when Chrome was last updated, it seems to coincide with that, so it's presumably an Android issue. Just said I'd mention it, it's only on that page it happens.

Screenshot attached.

I'm not sure what's going on there. That black bar at the bottom is odd too. Is it still happening, and does it only happen on this site, and on that specific page?

Intermittently happening, and only on that recent unread topics page, yeah. The black is presumably because I have the phone on dark mode.

It's not a big deal, I assume it'll resolve itself with the next update but I just said I'd mention it anyway.

Quote from: Hambeast on January 31, 2021, 07:41:27 PMThat's the default behaviour as it prevents the search results from being flooded with results from the Now Playing thread if you search for "judas"

On the search page there's a checkbox for "Show results as messages" which will display all the individual posts in the way you're wanting

This seems to be acting funny again. Some search items I've put, I get one or two results when "Show results as messages" is unchecked but none at all when it is checked.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 12, 2022, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: Hambeast on January 31, 2021, 07:41:27 PMThat's the default behaviour as it prevents the search results from being flooded with results from the Now Playing thread if you search for "judas"

On the search page there's a checkbox for "Show results as messages" which will display all the individual posts in the way you're wanting

This seems to be acting funny again. Some search items I've put, I get one or two results when "Show results as messages" is unchecked but none at all when it is checked.

If you can give me an example or two I'll look into it and see what's going on

One from the other day was Hällas, which I've just checked again and it's the same: getting three results with "Show results as messages" unchecked, but only one when it is checked.

Interesting. I'm seeing 3 results (4 now that your last post contained the word) with it unchecked.

I'm seeing 15 results with it checked. Do your search settings match the image attached?

Yes, they do match. Stab in the dark guess here, but if Search function operates on some kind of iteration, could the fact that I don't have access to one of the sub-forums be screwing up my search results compared to yours (or anyone else who has access to all the sub-forums, incl. notably KC's shit pit)?

There's definitely something weird happening but it's unrelated to the sub-forum access. I've checked with a test account and it's only showing the 1 result like you're seeing. Seems to be a permissions issue so I'll dig into this further. Thanks for letting me know!

hi
How do i hide the link to my email address, below the posts?

thanks

That's something which only ever shows up for your own account. Everybody only sees their own email, so nobodys email address has ever been visible to anybody else. That being said, it's confusing and serves no purpose so I've removed the button entirely.

Quote from: Hambeast on November 07, 2022, 12:19:48 PMThat's something which only ever shows up for your own account. Everybody only sees their own email, so nobodys email address has ever been visible to anybody else. That being said, it's confusing and serves no purpose so I've removed the button entirely.
ok cheers

Something that happens a lot is that, when I'm scrolling down I inadvertantly hit the 3 dots/report button on the left. Very annoying.