Metal Warfare - Irish Metal Forum

Metal Discussion => Gigs and Festivals => Topic started by: Pagan Saviour on March 17, 2026, 10:41:05 AM

Title: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Pagan Saviour on March 17, 2026, 10:41:05 AM
Nice announcement and a very affordable €30
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: mickO))) on May 19, 2026, 02:36:27 PM
This tour is currently going on in the US. I won't spoil it for people by saying which songs but they are playing 6 of the 8 tracks from None So Vile. It's the 6 best tracks. Matt is no Lord Worm but he's a great vocalist in his own right and he has always been great live anytime I have seen him with them.
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Carnage on May 19, 2026, 03:18:36 PM
The bingy-boingy bass rendered them unlistenable for me, is that still in the mix?
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Paul keohane on May 19, 2026, 03:28:12 PM
I'll see them at Stonehenge fest in July, been 20 years since I last saw them live.A band ive always liked without being a total fanatic, you need to be in a certain mood to enjoy them!
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: mickO))) on May 19, 2026, 03:42:45 PM
It will be 20 years ago this August since the last time Lord Word was here with them.

Quote from: Carnage on May 19, 2026, 03:18:36 PMThe bingy-boingy bass rendered them unlistenable for me, is that still in the mix?

What do you mean like the bits in Abigor, Carrionshine etc.?
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Carnage on May 19, 2026, 04:05:20 PM
Just the almost funky sounding plucked bass on NSV, really irritating. That's the only album I've heard and I couldn't get past it.
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: GravyCapone on May 27, 2026, 03:29:23 PM
IMG_6651.jpeg

IMG_6652.jpeg

Celestial Sanctuary are playing Belfast without Cryptopsy after the other dates.   
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Caladan on August 04, 2026, 12:08:06 PM
tomorrow night, still some tickets available.

What does it mean by "Whelans Main Venue"?
Is that the space with the weird layout and balcony?
I thought they did most metal gigs in Opium in the back
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: ldj on August 04, 2026, 12:38:50 PM
I believe the main venue is the one downstairs entered from the side lane.
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Caladan on August 04, 2026, 12:42:37 PM
Quote from: ldj on August 04, 2026, 12:38:50 PMI believe the main venue is the one downstairs entered from the side lane.
Ah I suppose so, thanks
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: juliancallan on August 04, 2026, 02:37:04 PM
Any stage times going?
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Pagan Saviour on August 05, 2026, 10:23:47 AM
Just went up

Doors 7
Celestial 8
Cryptopsys 9

Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Caladan on August 05, 2026, 03:29:02 PM
thanks man
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: juliancallan on August 05, 2026, 03:45:17 PM
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on August 05, 2026, 10:23:47 AMJust went up

Doors 7
Celestial 8
Cryptopsys 9



Nice one
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Pagan Saviour on August 05, 2026, 11:19:07 PM
Didn't care for Celestial, kinda remind me of Trigger The Bloodshed in the sense they're not very good but we'll see them on multiple bills.

Really enjoyed Cryptopsy. Very efficient. Set was less than an hour.

Good mix of young and old at this which was heartening. Plenty of youngsters giving it socks. Though I did see two attempt some kung fu shit during the support but it was quickly stopped.


Fine selection of merch but it was extortionate €40 for a tee???? 3arena prices
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Caladan on August 06, 2026, 08:58:58 AM
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on August 05, 2026, 11:19:07 PMGood mix of young and old at this which was heartening. Plenty of youngsters giving it socks. Though I did see two attempt some kung fu shit during the support but it was quickly stopped.

:laugh: some of the young lads were a bit energetic at the start alright, but it was good to see them enjoy themselves after the messing stopped. Cryptopsy were good, I think the set was probably around the right length, it started to get a bit samey towards the end and I wasn't sure which song was been played.
40 was a bit steep for tshirts but I suppose they have come from US/Canada so they need to make a few bob on this.
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: Centurion on August 06, 2026, 02:03:07 PM
Thanks Micko for mentioning they were going playing more material from None so Vile, I decided to go fairly late on after reading that. Glad I did, they were excellent. The 3 lads are savage musicians and Matt is a very good frontman.

Agree on the t shirt prices 40 was pretty shocking, I still bought one though as I was on a high from hearing so much of NSV played, figured they'd well earned it.
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: mickO))) on August 10, 2026, 08:54:59 AM
Cryptopsy were a lot better last week then the previous time they had been here. My only complaint would be the short set they could have easily added in back to the worms and cold hate warm blood or a few from the first album. Matt is an incredible vocalist with a great range.

They had a sleeveless None so vile shirt that was €30 those are usually more expensive than short sleeve shirts. Merch designs were shite anyway. A packed Whelans is always horrible the heat inside on the main floor was almost unbearable.
Title: Re: Cryptopsy Whelans August 5th
Post by: juliancallan on August 13, 2026, 12:44:46 PM
Class gig, vocals on the lead were amazing live. I'd deffo go see them again. Place was fucking sweltering though.