Support from Ragana. Promoted by u:mack.
Should sell out in 5 seconds
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on February 10, 2026, 10:29:58 AMShould sell out in 5 seconds
Hoping it doesn't cos I ain't got ticket money til payday. Very cool announcement though, not terribly familiar with Ragana but seems like a good pairing
I've seen them both before, will probably go to this if I can. Chat Pile are great live.
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 10, 2026, 11:20:18 AMQuote from: Barnacle Billy on February 10, 2026, 10:29:58 AMShould sell out in 5 seconds
Hoping it doesn't cos I ain't got ticket money til payday. Very cool announcement though, not terribly familiar with Ragana but seems like a good pairing
Hopefully it won't. The Button Factory is a class venue too.
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 10, 2026, 11:20:18 AMQuote from: Barnacle Billy on February 10, 2026, 10:29:58 AMShould sell out in 5 seconds
Hoping it doesn't cos I ain't got ticket money til payday. Very cool announcement though, not terribly familiar with Ragana but seems like a good pairing
Seen Ragana at Supersonic a couple years back. Great band. Excited for this one!
Lethal. Going to have to drive up for this, have been mad to see Chat Pile for ages now.
Yeah great annoucement, been dying to see em, a trip to dublin is on the cards!
These should help in the morning from 10am:
https://www.ticketmaster.ie/chat-pile-19-08-2026/event/18006443D601E204?did=prompre
https://www.ticketmaster.ie/chat-pile-19-08-2026/event/18006443D601E204?did=artpre
Can't wait to see them at ATG
Second night added because, unsurprisingly , it sold out
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 13, 2026, 05:32:15 PMSecond night added because, unsurprisingly , it sold out
Nice, missed out on tickets for the first gig. With the hype around them I figured they probably would have been on in the Academy
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 13, 2026, 05:32:15 PMSecond night added because, unsurprisingly , it sold out
Ha, proper order.
and as you said, unsurprising
I bought 2 tickets for this yesterday not even knowing there was a second night
It must be that night I have them for and I hadn't a clue
Edit: no it's the first night I got them for having looked at it
Watched the set from Primavera festival on YouTube after grabbing the tickets and I can't wait tbh I've been listening to them fairly solidly since the first album came out
Saw they were playing two different sets so got sorted for the second night as well. Grand for 80 quid
I've put up a ticket for sale on ticket master for the Wednesday gig. Just have to accept that I'll not be going to a midweek dublin gig at this stage!
Greetings all,
Hope it's ok to post this here I have a slightly cheaper ticket for sale for the Thursday night at
https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18006443D602E207/lrqf3p5k6
I unfortunately can't attend and hoping I can sell my ticket on.
Not crazy for Chat Pile but absolutely stoked for Ragana - been wanting to see em for years and years. Will be there night 2.
Still selling my Wednesday night ticket, 35e.
https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18006443D601E204/l5z4040t0
Edit: ticket sold. Both dublin shows sold out nice to see.
Ticket for sale on the 20th, I'm double booked.. Enjoy!
https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18006443D602E207/lr41dbnvvq
Bump!
Not too long to go, some of the bits I've seen of the shows this week online have been great.
Grand only a few days to this. Have tickets for both nights but also have work so it'll be drive up from Tipp and straight back both nights. They're little bastards really to say they'd be playing the two unique sets, giving me fomo after buying the first night.
Watched a few live bits as well yesterday they look great. What's the sound like in there these days? Last time I was there was for Green Velvet in 2016
The Button Factory is always on point...
Can't wait for this, got tickets for both nights. Plus Button Factory is a great venue.
Great venue. Always on point with the sound...
Completely hyped for this, not seen them before!
Any word on stage times for tomorrow?
Quote from: Sworntothecans on August 18, 2026, 06:09:16 PMAny word on stage times for tomorrow?
I think 9:15 for Chat Pile going by there setlists page
Haven't listened to Ragana until this week, very much to my liking - hope to get up in time to catch em.
Just put up a ticket at face value on Ticketmaster for tonight, ended up getting stuck with work. PM if you're interested. https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18006443D601E204/lbng4pwv
7.30 - Doors
8.00 - Ragana
9.15 - Chat Pile
I've a spare ticket here if anyone wants it. I'll give it away for nothing. Let me know. It's digital I'll transfer it to whoever
Sorry, for tonight
Well that was savage. Urge to go to the second night is rising!
Class gig, can't wait for night 2
Yeah that was brilliant!
That was indeed class. There were parts there where they were as good as anything I've seen. Almost every tune makes way more sense live than on the album. Even that yoke about lads living outside is fine on the album but class live.
They are extremely tight, an excellent band altogether. I assume there'll be one or two favourites played again tomorrow night
Very much looking forward to finding out tomorrow.
The support were not bad either. They surprised me a bit when they switched to the sort of burzum stuff after swapping places.
Couldn't give away the ticket either in the end but it was late in the day.
Chat pile were indeed fantastic, unbelievably tight set and the interplay between the bass and the drums in particular was incredible live.
Ragana were a very dull affair for me though. Maybe it'd be better louder and in a smaller venue!
Jealous of everyone going tomorrow :laugh:
Savage gig. Loved Ragana, would definitely be a bit less "lost" in a smaller venue, but thought they were class. CP were class - the Neil Jordan/Irish cinema history between-song banter was unique to say the least and they sounded amazing. Would love to be going tonight.
Some of the worst stage-diving I've ever seen.
Side note, does anyone know what guitar Luther from Chat Pile was playing last night.
Just looked at a clip on YouTube and yes the stage diving was pitiful
Great to hear the positive reports from last night...I have tickets for tonight, I'm working until 7 and absolutely struggling to muster even the slightest bit of enthusiasm for heading out later.
Yep, gets harder and harder. I was like that last couple of gigs I went into then ended up having a great time. Tonight will be no different.
The lads are usually up at the merch booth before and after too. Sound as fuck
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on August 20, 2026, 01:02:55 PMYep, gets harder and harder. I was like that last couple of gigs I went into then ended up having a great time. Tonight will be no different.
Yeah, this happens every time I get tickets for something in Dublin. Usually I'm heading on my own, and it involves getting a train from Drogheda and back again. Load of hassle but, to be honest, when I do go I rarely regret it.
I'm fairly not looking forward to the drive up and back from Tipp again even though it's just a straight line but I'm well looking forward to seeing what they pull out tonight.
Midweek is a bit of a bollix for sure
Quote from: Dronesandtones on August 20, 2026, 10:49:14 AMSide note, does anyone know what guitar Luther from Chat Pile was playing last night.
My friend was saying it's an Ernie Ball baritone.
Those who were there last night, roughly what time did Chat Pile finish up at? Last train to catch and all that nonsense.
Quote from: Sworntothecans on August 20, 2026, 05:43:00 PMQuote from: Dronesandtones on August 20, 2026, 10:49:14 AMSide note, does anyone know what guitar Luther from Chat Pile was playing last night.
My friend was saying it's an Ernie Ball baritone.
Cheers for that
Quote from: John Kimble on August 20, 2026, 06:00:42 PMThose who were there last night, roughly what time did Chat Pile finish up at? Last train to catch and all that nonsense.
Just after 10:30 or so.
Quote from: Dronesandtones on August 20, 2026, 06:16:40 PMQuote from: Sworntothecans on August 20, 2026, 05:43:00 PMQuote from: Dronesandtones on August 20, 2026, 10:49:14 AMSide note, does anyone know what guitar Luther from Chat Pile was playing last night.
My friend was saying it's an Ernie Ball baritone.
Cheers for that
Wasn't playing a musicman tonight, don't know what it was, but it had a 3+3 headstock. Looked similar to the yoke that okoi was playing last time I saw bolzer
Another class gig tonight, it felt more intense tonight to me. Hopefully they come back sooner than later.
Enjoyed that without being blown away. Guessing it was a different setlist to last night as a few bits and pieces I wasnt overly familiar with? Had to cut it short to get home but was that Scentless Apprentice for the encore?
Ragana did absolutely nothing for me. It just sounds like BM for people who don't like BM, if that makes sense. I get that they're at the opposite end of the 'political spectrum' to the majority of BM but it's all so tame and earnest.
It was scentless apprentice indeed which to me was the actual best thing ever when it was happening
Yeah, the point was no repeats, that's why he kept saying no repeats. I thought it was savage, never thought I'd hear grimacesmokingweed.jpg live. Ragana were very much vegan BM, as a deafheaven fan I enjoyed them, but the were a bit too loose/raw/indie/dull at times. Pobodys nerfect
Yeah, i get the no repeats thing, just guess I'd have gotten more out of the previous evening.
Sorry i missed the encore, great choice for a cover, makes sense for them sound wise. Note to self to plan these outings better in advance, zero craic when you're rushing out the gap!! It's either old age or just completely out of the loop, only realised walking in the door that the Button Factory is the TBMC.
Im shocked that they didn't play slaughterhouse the first night. HAMMERSANDGREASE
That was great. Delighted when they opened with Brutal Truth,wouldn't have expected to hear that at all. There was one new one they played towards the end that was great, I think he said it was called Funeral?
Ragana were pretty dreadful tbh. Shocking that a band that dull are touring and putting out records on a reputable label.
Think he said the new song was called Family Funeral(s?)
Quote from: Halo on August 21, 2026, 09:47:02 AMThink he said the new song was called Family Funeral(s?)
Yeah that's the name.
Jaysus the second night looked class.
Both nights were great. Happy to see both nights rather than a venue upgrade.
Ireland badly needs a 5000 capacity stadium, or thereabouts...
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on August 21, 2026, 12:18:02 PMIreland badly needs a 5000 capacity stadium, or thereabouts...
I believe INEC in Killarney and the TF in Castlebar can accommodate those kind of numbers. Not sure if Chat Pile could fill those rooms, yet! :)
Also consider there was a chunk of people who attended both nights. Still, solid turn out last night
Quote from: Dronesandtones on August 21, 2026, 01:17:46 PMQuote from: Barnacle Billy on August 21, 2026, 12:18:02 PMIreland badly needs a 5000 capacity stadium, or thereabouts...
I believe INEC in Killarney and the TF in Castlebar can accommodate those kind of numbers. Not sure if Chat Pile could fill those rooms, yet! :)
Dubliners don't travel for gigs so...
Quote from: nimhiúil on August 21, 2026, 03:10:53 PMQuote from: Dronesandtones on August 21, 2026, 01:17:46 PMQuote from: Barnacle Billy on August 21, 2026, 12:18:02 PMIreland badly needs a 5000 capacity stadium, or thereabouts...
I believe INEC in Killarney and the TF in Castlebar can accommodate those kind of numbers. Not sure if Chat Pile could fill those rooms, yet! :)
Dubliners don't travel for gigs so...
Sure they have a meltdown if they miss the bus after a gig.
Ooooooh, bitchy.... :laugh:
Button Factory hold what 600? Double that is Vicar St, The Olympia and The Ambassador
Though there is 100% a need for a 4,000 to 6,000 space in Dublin just not for Chat Pile
Quote from: Halo on August 21, 2026, 09:37:51 PMButton Factory hold what 600? Double that is Vicar St, The Olympia and The Ambassador
Though there is 100% a need for a 4,000 to 6,000 space in Dublin just not for Chat Pile
And The Ambassador's gonna be limited to spoken word/comedy/acoustic anyway which is a shame.
More shows outside of Dublin though.
Well now that's settled down a bit I have to say it was very cool to get the two nights of no repeats. They have an awful lot of decent tunes and I'd go see them again in a flash.
The two nights were very much side A and side B sort of buzz. Great
Caught these at arctangent this week. Never heard of them before, they were bloody brilliant. Some guitarist they have.
Quote from: Ollkiller on August 23, 2026, 07:16:23 PMCaught these at arctangent this week. Never heard of them before, they were bloody brilliant. Some guitarist they have.
Come for the riffs, stay for Raygun's movie trivia stage banter!
Quote from: Sworntothecans on August 24, 2026, 10:01:02 AMQuote from: Ollkiller on August 23, 2026, 07:16:23 PMCaught these at arctangent this week. Never heard of them before, they were bloody brilliant. Some guitarist they have.
Come for the riffs, stay for Raygun's movie trivia stage banter!
He was fecking hilarious. Some character. Some mates met him walking around. Said he was fantastically bonkers.
Quote from: Ollkiller on August 24, 2026, 10:13:34 AMQuote from: Sworntothecans on August 24, 2026, 10:01:02 AMQuote from: Ollkiller on August 23, 2026, 07:16:23 PMCaught these at arctangent this week. Never heard of them before, they were bloody brilliant. Some guitarist they have.
Come for the riffs, stay for Raygun's movie trivia stage banter!
He was fecking hilarious. Some character. Some mates met him walking around. Said he was fantastically bonkers.
His podcast Across The Pyuniverse is a good listen. They exclusively covered straight to video king Albert Pyun (Cyborg, Nemesis, Kickboxer 2)
Quote from: Sworntothecans on August 24, 2026, 11:29:27 AMQuote from: Ollkiller on August 24, 2026, 10:13:34 AMQuote from: Sworntothecans on August 24, 2026, 10:01:02 AMQuote from: Ollkiller on August 23, 2026, 07:16:23 PMCaught these at arctangent this week. Never heard of them before, they were bloody brilliant. Some guitarist they have.
Come for the riffs, stay for Raygun's movie trivia stage banter!
He was fecking hilarious. Some character. Some mates met him walking around. Said he was fantastically bonkers.
His podcast Across The Pyuniverse is a good listen. They exclusively covered straight to video king Albert Pyun (Cyborg, Nemesis, Kickboxer 2)
Class. Will check it out.
Quote from: Dronesandtones on August 20, 2026, 10:49:14 AMSide note, does anyone know what guitar Luther from Chat Pile was playing last night.
It's a Jericho baritone not a Musicman. Nice guitar, had a very quick play of it..
I made a playlist on Spotify of the first night there and listened to it while I was falling asleep last night and jaysus they've an awful awful amount of decent tunes
Quote from: astfgyl on August 28, 2026, 06:27:02 PMI made a playlist on Spotify of the first night there and listened to it while I was falling asleep last night and jaysus they've an awful awful amount of decent tunes
I watched their full set at arctangent. Twas an hour long and not 1 dud song. They're class.
UK/EU tour announced for Feb. No Irish dates so far.
Quote from: Sworntothecans on September 08, 2026, 12:15:40 PMUK/EU tour announced for Feb. No Irish dates so far.
Hint hint for any promoters on here
Could be a case of not burning out a market too soon. Might do a show in Ireland, later on next year.
Quote from: Dronesandtones on September 08, 2026, 06:35:23 PMCould be a case of not burning out a market too soon. Might do a show in Ireland, later on next year.
I get ya but they'd sell out again here no problem at all. They are gathering a big enough following.
U:Mack/Foggy Notions will have them in Vicar next time for sure.
I guess it's up to band itself, I'd imagine they might do some Irish date further in the tour. Pent up demand isn't a bad thing too.
side note, I messaged foggy notions about Sunn 0))) about touring here in this year and last year, after they sold out the concert hall in 2024 ( a gig I missed :-\ ) they told me they weren't able to make it happen, they've toured Europe twice since last Irish show.
Here's hoping for more Irish Chat Pile shows, cause the two button factory shows were great.
The two they played were midweek as well like that's a fair amount of heads ruled out that would surely find a way to go on a weekend night. Would be no harm to get them back but indeed for lads who have just seen them I don't think there's much they could do to improve on the two nights lately.
Then again if somebody only went to either one there's a lot they didn't hear too.
Bollocks to Dublin, get 'em down to Dolans!
That's an even better idea
Quote from: astfgyl on September 10, 2026, 05:35:02 PMThat's an even better idea
Give'em a feckin' residency there!