I think the Jones Reyes scrap could be a good fight and looking forward to it.
The rest of the card is a bit meh though.

Hopefully some good fights will happen within the early and prelim. I've literally some of the best matches in recent months happen there.

Main card wise, Derrick Lewis looks is such better shape these days .. I think with his back issues and then just having boring ass fights in that division where they tire out so quickly it's hard to be enthused about them previously. Hopefully will see a bit more in it if the fights goes past 1 round.  Not overly bothered about the following two matches.

Shevchenko V Chookagian, I just go with Shevchenko always  ::)  Chookagian's record of 13 wins are pretty much all decision wins bar 2 or 3. She;s got the height & reach advantage but Shevchenko is a beast.  Her kicks are immense and the speed of them. That headkick of Jessica Eye  :abbath:

The stuff Reyes comes out with in interviews is cringe.. one thing was something like "i was a footballer.. nobody knows what ive been through"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#302 February 05, 2020, 02:45:18 PM Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 02:59:59 PM by mickO)))
It's a fight and of course anything can happen but I really don't think Reyes stands a chance he hasn't beaten any even half decent fighters except the Killer Gorilla and he is much better at middleweight than Light heavyweight. You could see in the press conference last December that Reyes had no confidence in himself. He couldn't even come up with any good comebacks for what Jon was saying he looked and acted like he just didn't belong there.

Jon took his last fight lightly and expected it to be an easy win Santos is a much better overall fighter than Reyes and even he couldn't beat Jon on his off day. Jon won't make that mistake again of assuming an easy win which makes things even more difficult for Reyes.

Reyes should have had at least two more fights before Jon to prepare him. One of them definitely should have been Anthony Smith and ideally Santos which of course isn't possible so, maybe giving him the Gustafsson return fight could have been an option. But Dana wants money and needed to get Jon on a fight card sooner rather than later. If I remember correctly Jon was originally suppose to be the main event in NYC last November but they couldn't find anyone for him to fight.

It's bad because Jon is my favourite fighter. His fights use to be big events for me but it's getting to the point were I don't even care anymore because he has no more interesting potential opponents in the 205 division. It would be nice to either see him put Israel in his place or move up. Even if you look at the top 8 in the Heavyweight rankings any one of those guys against Jon has the potential of being an amazing fight. Jon Vs. Francis would be unbelievable.

I think Jones is a terrific fighter but when he opens his mouth with all that "Jesus is my best buddy guiding my fist" stuff I cringe.  Not because he is religious more because he harps on about it. I would love to see him just be a complete prick rather than the complete tool he is. I think he will flatten this fool on Saturday.
Having said that if he gets smashed by Reyes I imagine the Jones we would see coming back would be violence personified.
Please let him clatter that other shite Israel then get knocked into oblivion by Francis Ngannouuuuuouu!

Slightly off topic of the fights.. but just thought i'd take a look at the ufc store.. https://ufcstore.eu/collections/fight-night-collection

115 euros for a hoody... geeeeeeeet fooooked
1.8k for a signed tshirt

Mental

I've been saying Reyes will be the one to beat Jones since he beat Jared Cannonier like two years ago.

Think it's a bad match up for Jones - tall, lanky southpaw with great counter punching and one punch KO power + Jones hasn't really impressed me since his return from suspension, I think he's getting old.

Yoel Romero at the stand offs doe   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jesus the amount of dodgy shit surrounding most of the decision fights tonight  :-\

During one of the fights, I think it was Murphy V Lee. Joe and the other commentators were talking about how the judges weren't even looking at the fight. They were chatting with each other or just looking away.

It's bad that if you don't get a sub/ko/tko etc you could really lose a fight you dominated in due to judges seemingly just making shit up as they go. It's been said a few times but really need to start looking at perhaps using vet mma fighters to scores card because the shit is getting to boxing level fuckery.

Jones will smash jan blaskamebob. Way too slow !

All the stuff going on around Diego Sanchez and his 1 man corner etc , this interview paints a pretty stark picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3k-XpvnveU

Felder v Hooker should be good this weekend.
I love both fighters but I think Hooker tames this....if Felder pulls it off that puts him in an unexpected great position.

just 8 days away from a dream day at work!!!
The place I work in is holding an mma expo next weekend (FIGHTCON) with the likes of Wonderboy,MVP,Frank Mir,Ben Askren and a few others. its almost sold out so if you're two minds get on it!!!

WTF was Costa wearing  :laugh:

#312 March 08, 2020, 01:19:11 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:59:43 PM by Aborted
Quote from: Blizzard Beast on March 08, 2020, 12:38:57 PM
WTF was Costa wearing  :laugh:

Fuckin smell of ricky martin off him... he's like the male version of Joanna for shit talkin. Cringe as fook

Yoel V Adesanya was horrendous. I like Yoel but fuck all that. He's had a ton of opps to get the belt and he fights like this!
Maybe since the Costa fight + being 42 he's so fucked up from damage it's just not in him anymore. Huge let down of a fight.

#313 March 08, 2020, 03:31:45 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 04:07:48 PM by Aborted
Weili vs Jedrzejczyk was a fuckin FIGHT   :abbath:

Could see Weili def wasn't used to 4/5 rounds but fuck she kept it up and then got her second wind and was throwing full speed/power again.

And Jesus wept .. Joanna looked like something from Star Trek with them insane swelling on her forhead.. jesus like  ???

Hilarious listening to Joe/DC etc commentating for it.. they were freaking out every few seconds  :laugh:

Can't get over the toughness of both of them. I don't like when Joanna does her cringe trash talk but you cannot say she is not one of the best female fighters period. Monster stuff

#314 March 08, 2020, 06:58:18 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:01:08 PM by mickO)))
Costa looked like a transexual last night was he wearing lipstick?

Yoel is nowhere near finished he just played it cautious last night didn't want happening to him what happened to Whittaker. Was happy to see the crowd booing Israel all the talk before the fight and that's how it turns out. It's takes two so he is a much to blame for the poor main event as Yoel was.

Dana is foaming at the mouth now it was very evident from his interviews all week that he needed the Chinese girl to win as he is desperate to break into the Chinese market and she seems to be his ticket to more billions.