An antidote to Pet Peeves!

I have a suplus of holidays left and, as a result, I finish work on Friday for the year. I have nothing planned other than to get comfortable on the couch, listen to music, watch movies and read books. I cannot fucking wait.

Man, there's nothing I look forward to more than simple chillin. I genuinely look forward to it at work. Thank fuck the missus isn't too demanding wanting to do stuff. Like, I don't want to climb a mountain, there's not a whole lot of interesting things to do in Limerick, the weather's always shit so why would you want to go anywhere anyway. That's my outlook. Between the pup's guitar lessons and football training, my band practice and familial obligations I don't feel the need to have extra hobbies or anything. So much around us is peeve-worthy, it really is the simple things that make life worthwhile.

Tea, TV/movies and a book in bed. That's my ideal evening.

Bought a gaff recently so plenty of painting to be done.  Luckily getting to work from home until Christmas (hopefully that won't change) so I'm getting to tip away at a bit of DIY each day. I suppose it's the opposite of flaking but it's a buzz seeing the place begin to take shape. 

Congrats Andy!

I've my first Christmas without my daughter so I'll be fucking off to Waterford for a couple days of lazing about and catching up with old friends and family. No doubt a wander round Dunmore East is on the cards as well. I'll miss having the lil' ninja for the few days but at the same time being away from Dublin is always a pleasure.

Christmas food. I'm a sucker for it all... Mince pies, fancy cheese and ham, turkey dinners, lots of good wine and beer... I'll be beating the fuck out of the gym come January. Again.

Getting up on a Saturday at the same time I would on a work day, having a solid breakfast and going back to bed. Magic.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 13, 2018, 07:20:58 PM
Getting up on a Saturday at the same time I would on a work day, having a solid breakfast and going back to bed. Magic.

:laugh: class. You'll go blind pullin the bleedin stomach ourra yourself all morning.

Handed in my notice in work the other week, not leaving until the middle of March but have just completely switched off already and doing as little as possible. It's great.

I have a big cheap picture of a sunset over a beach on the wall in my gaff and my latest favourite thing to do is stare blankly at it while listening to tunes. Usually after a couple of cans and a bit of a smoke. I can just get lost in its generic glory for hours on end. Having a girlfriend and kids and work and bills etc, it is a great way to just forget all about it before I go to bed.

I haven't really listened to music in this way since I was a lot younger and it is reinvigorating. Simple pleasures indeed.

When a cunt at work who does fuck all, tries to hang you for stuff HE hadn't done and copying in half the company in the email, but you reply within seconds showing all your work is in order and it is in fact him that is the spa... ah now I feel good.

Quote from: Wiseblood on December 14, 2018, 10:55:36 AM
When a cunt at work who does fuck all, tries to hang you for stuff HE hadn't done and copying in half the company in the email, but you reply within seconds showing all your work is in order and it is in fact him that is the spa... ah now I feel good.
Nice  :laugh:

Have lots of cunts like that here, it's always a good feeling when they get exposed.

ive no kids, wife , mortgage etc so every weekend for me is just drinking and smoking weed and playing/listening to music. its great and i never want it to change!

Quote from: blessed1 on December 14, 2018, 11:42:43 AM
ive no kids, wife , mortgage etc so every weekend for me is just drinking and smoking weed and playing/listening to music. its great and i never want it to change!

Keep fighting the good fight. There is a lot to be said for it.

Yeah regarding parenthood, the fantasy of not being a auld lad does materialize every so often. About two months ago the young lad asked me if he could play my (expensive) acoustic and I told him 'no' and to play his own. I went to the kitchen o get him his breakfast and when I brought it through, there he was, pants around his ankles, mickey in hand pissing into the hole in the guitar. He is 6.