Quote from: Aborted on April 05, 2020, 12:48:53 PM
Quote from: Snare on April 05, 2020, 11:51:37 AM
Quote from: Aborted on March 31, 2020, 12:57:24 AM
The most amazing movie I've ever seen   :abbath: :laugh: :abbath:

Where did you manage to find it? I just checked the link, cost €3m, worldwide grossed $22k?? Surely wrong.

It seems to be on amazon prime, I got a torrent online

Budget:EUR3,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend USA: $5,419, 7 October 2018
Gross USA: $10,153
Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $22,460

Ouch  :-[

Well between your torrent and my planned free trial of Amazon for this it's not getting any better!!  :laugh: Seriously though the figures have to be wrong. Or else it ran in two cinemas worldwide? It surely did well enough in Finland at least.

:laugh:

Well it's in Finish and its about death metal so I can't seeing it doing much but yeah maybe the figures are just not updated

Saw Sing Street for the first time last night. Sure, it's got a couple of cringe moments, but overall it's quality, got some proper laughs out of me. Cast is great, given what Ireland usually spits out as child actors.

Watched Stan & Ollie last night, it was alright, harmless enough. I was a huge Laurel & Hardy fan as a kid, my grandfather and I would watch anything that came along, plus the likes of Harold Lloyd, the Keystone Cops, etc. so it had a nice air of nostalgia to it for me. I can't stand Coogan generally but he put in a nice turn here.

Watched Jojo Rabbit the other night and really enjoyed it, Taika Waititi is a brilliant director.

Watched BlacKkKlansman yesterday, it was alright. Some very funny moments but it still felt like a lot was held back in terms of violence and whatnot. As Spike Lee as it comes, at points all it was missing was a shot of him nodding, it was about as subtle as Don't Be A Menace To south Central... but enjoyable overall.

Must be something in the air.... watched Spike Lee's Malcolm X last night. Long enough film, but pretty gripping stuff.

Jojo Rabbit really an excellent film. A distinct lack of soapboxing and just great fun overall with the heavy stuff so smoothly introduced that it is far more impactful as a result. If you liked Life is Beautiful you should like it. Cool soundtrack too.

Another film I think Black Shep mentioned earlier is Sing Street. Saw it ages ago but another excellently done, feelgood film.

Quote from: Carnage on April 06, 2020, 05:42:06 PM
Watched Stan & Ollie last night, it was alright, harmless enough. I was a huge Laurel & Hardy fan as a kid, my grandfather and I would watch anything that came along, plus the likes of Harold Lloyd, the Keystone Cops, etc. so it had a nice air of nostalgia to it for me. I can't stand Coogan generally but he put in a nice turn here.

Saw this a while ago and thought both of their performances were excellent. Unfortunately though, in terms of posterity, it only works on the presumption that the audience is already deeply familiar with the original work. Thankfully I am, but some of those I watched it with weren't, and so didn't necessarily see the interest. I'm not entirely sure what could have been done within the film to remedy this, but it was lacking.

I watched Beerfest this evening. Utterly stupid and moronic but good fun. I still think Super Troopers is the best thing these guys have done, it's a goofy classic, but Beerfest was a good laugh too.

I followed it up with Slave to the Grind. I was a massive Brutal Truth fan as a young lad. They were  among the first death metal bands I ever heard (I was clueless about genre distinctions back then) so it was interesting to see those guys interviewed.  Seems they split under shit and acrimonious circumstances in 2014, which sucks. I subsequently became obsessed with grindcore at the turn of the century with the likes of Pig Destroyer, Nasum and DEP (not strictly grind, but still...). The documentary was very enjoyable I thought. It was cool to see the divisive characters like Seth Putnam be given an even handed character assessment. I think AC wrote brilliant song titles and really shit songs so I'm on the fence  :laugh:

Quote from: Abandon All Hope on April 12, 2020, 12:50:15 AM
Heavy Trip  savage film

http://123free.net/movie/QvMpmoZd-heavy-trip.html

:abbath:  :abbath: :abbath: symphonic, post-apocalyptic, reindeer-grinding, Christ-abusing, extreme war pagan, Fennoscandian metal  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

:laugh: watched it the other night. Gas.

Watched Triple Frontier the other night, nothing spectacular but enjoyable enough for killing two hours

Spree (2015) a largely dialogue free film about a young man going on a killing spree. Interesting.
Verotica. Glenn Danzig's film adaptations of his comic books.
It's really really bad.