I thought True Romance was shite but I haven't seen it in a long time. Maybe it's worth another look.

True Romance is quality, definitely top 5 of all films Tarantino has been involved with in any way (I say without giving it too much thought but I reckon it's true).

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 27, 2024, 12:47:53 AMTrue Romance is quality, definitely top 5 of all films Tarantino has been involved with in any way (I say without giving it too much thought but I reckon it's true).

Definitely top five Tony Scott.
It's a timeless classic.

Bullet Train, on the other hand, is not a good film. Feels a bit like if Guy Ritchie wrote a John Wick script and then handed it to some retired Friends screenwriters to work over.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 28, 2024, 11:35:18 AMBullet Train, on the other hand, is not a good film. Feels a bit like if Guy Ritchie wrote a John Wick script and then handed it to some retired Friends screenwriters to work over.

Can't remember the film at all but this came straight into my head

"So I Married An Axe Murderer" - what a bizarre film. Passed me by completely at the time.

It's almost as if "Singles" or "Reality Bites" were made by the Monty Python crew.

Don't think I actually laughed once but it had some funny moments.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 28, 2024, 11:35:18 AMBullet Train, on the other hand, is not a good film. Feels a bit like if Guy Ritchie wrote a John Wick script and then handed it to some retired Friends screenwriters to work over.

Absolute shite from start to finish.

Watched Land Of Bad the other night. Bit of a throwback, but the action set pieces are really well shot and a bit of Bolt Thrower too! Russel Crowe in full "Cage can't get all the parts mode".

Watched The Wicker Man for Mayday. Such a good film. Christopher Lee always brings such gravitas, and Edward Woodward is great ion this too. I love how every single religious tradition that isn't christian completely offends his delicate sensibilities. You can really see where a film like Midsommar lifted most of its ideas and themes from (also class).

I've never watched the "Not the bees!" version. Have never quite been able to bring myself to.

They're on a level, both versions are awful IMO. I've never understood the regard the original's held in, I found it painful to watch.

Always enjoyed the original, never watched the remake, just the best thing that could ever have come of it many, many times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WieIZB-ZeuQ

Not gonna lie, those two clips have made me want to watch it  :laugh:

You've seen the highlights.

Love the first one. Watched it again last week. Never saw the remake.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 02, 2024, 05:24:09 PMAlways enjoyed the original, never watched the remake, just the best thing that could ever have come of it many, many times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WieIZB-ZeuQ

Original is spectacular. And yeah that's the best of it absolutely