It's fucking terrible. I can see what ya mean by deadpool.. namely 2.. protecting a kid .. being kinda good.. getting a team together of other dodgy fucks etc etc

Except really really shite..  I could count maybe 3 bits which I liked which covered about 2mins max of the entire thing. 

If they went along the lines of a prequel ie an origin story I think they could have done something good there but they tried do some goofy shit with it.

I'll just assume cause I'm white male, women hating sexist herperderp that I of course wouldn't like it and it's actually super empowering for all crazy bitches out there #fuckthepatriarchy

Watched the new Death Wish there. Better than I was expecting but just another 'by rote' revenge film, with little of the moral conflict of the original. Closer to Death Sentence, but not as good.

The Bruce Willis one...

Dodgy props... phoned in performance...
Not great, at all.

He's been phoning it in for years, Glass aside, I haven't seen him put in a decent performance for a long time.

Watched a few recently.

Human Capital - Great cast, shot in Roshoman style. Shite
Just Mercy - Very good
Queen and Slim - Basically Thelma and Louise. Would have been better if it leaned more towards Natural Born Killers but not bad.
Knives Out - fairly entertaining
Spenser Confidentail - Mark Wahlburg being Mark Wahlburg. Nothing new but grand
The Postcard Killings - meh
The Invisible Man - Enjoyed it, surprisingly.
What We Do in the Shadows - Very, very funny. The dude from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace being very much himself, except as a vampire. Gonna check out the TV series.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 22, 2020, 06:10:12 PM
I watched The Platform in Netflix just now.  Very good.

Enjoyed that one.

#636 March 26, 2020, 05:27:28 PM Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:33:09 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Emphyrio on March 24, 2020, 02:58:06 PM
What We Do in the Shadows - Very, very funny. The dude from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace being very much himself, except as a vampire. Gonna check out the TV series.

Good call. I haven't seen it in a long time but it's brilliant.

Which guy from "Dark Place" is in the movie? 

Quote from: Emphyrio on March 26, 2020, 03:41:24 PM

Enjoyed that one.

When I saw it advertised I instantly thought of The Cube. Deadly film. Has anyone watched both and is the platform anywhere near as good as the cube.

Ah love the cube, was such a good movie if you could get through yer man Maurice Dean Wint's OTT acting in it  :laugh:
Will check out the platform tonight, sounds good and need something new to watch

Another shout for The Platform here it was decent and an interesting concept from the very start.

Quote from: Ollkiller on March 26, 2020, 07:35:04 PM
Quote from: Emphyrio on March 26, 2020, 03:41:24 PM

Enjoyed that one.

When I saw it advertised I instantly thought of The Cube. Deadly film. Has anyone watched both and is the platform anywhere near as good as the cube.

It definitely has a similar feel to The Cube. Maybe not as corny or entertaining as that but if you liked The Cube you'll like it.

I've only ever seen Cube 2. Is the first one any better? The idea was good but the execution was a bit lacking

Quote from: astfgyl on March 27, 2020, 11:16:26 AM
I've only ever seen Cube 2. Is the first one any better? The idea was good but the execution was a bit lacking

First one is miles better. Cube 2 has nothing on it.

Grand, I'll put it on the list of things-to-not-recoil-from so